Saturday, September 16, 2017

“Appointments” by Julien Baker – The Video

     Julien Baker released another insight into her nearly 22-year-old soul. Through most of “Appointments,” the emotion is laid bare in a calm, introspective manner. The end is an explosion of feelings.

     Baker has an extensive tour schedule before her. One stop will be at The Fillmore in San Francisco on December 12 (for ticket information, CLICK HERE). The full schedule is at the bottom of this post.


Lyrics of “Appointments” by Julien Baker
I'm staying in tonight
I won't stop you from leaving
I know that I'm not what you wanted
Am I?

Wanted someone who I used to be like
Now you think I'm not trying
I don't argue, it's not worth the effort
To lie

You don't want to bring it up
And I already know how it looks
You don't have to remind me so much
How I disappoint you

Suggest that I talk to somebody again
That knows how to help me get better
Until then, I should just try not to miss any more
Appointments

I think if I ruin this
That I know I can live with it
Nothing turns out like I pictured it
Maybe the emptiness is just a lesson in canvases

I think if I fail again
That I know you're still listening
Maybe it's all gonna turn out all right
And I know that it's not, but I have to believe that it is

I have to believe that it is
I have to believe that it is
(I have to believe it, I have to believe it)
I have to believe that it is
(Probably not, but I have to believe that it is)

When I tell you that it is
Oh, it's not for my benefit
Maybe it's all gonna turn out all right
Oh, I know that it's not, but I have to believe that it is

 Julien Baker 2017 tour dates:
09/20 Chicago, IL @ Amnesty International & Sofar Sounds Give A Home show
09/21 Champaign, IL @ The Pygmalion Festival 2017
10/12 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade +
10/13 Saxapahaw, NC @ Haw River Ballroom +
10/14 Asheville, NC @ The Grey Eagle +
10/15 Charlottesville, VA @ Jefferson Theater +
10/17 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club +
10/18 Millvale, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theatre +
10/20 Madison, WI @ Majestic Theatre +
10/25 Montreal, QC @ Theatre Fairmount +
10/27 New York, NY @ Town Hall +
10/28 Somerville, MA @ Somerville Theatre +
10/29 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer +
11/03 The Hague, NL @ Crossing Border Festival
11/04 Utrecht, NL @ Ekko
11/06 Bristol, UK @ The Lantern
11/07 Leeds, UK @ Brudenell Social Club
11/08 Glasgow, UK @ CCA
11/09 Dublin, IE @ Whelans
11/10 London, UK @ Union Chapel (SOLD OUT)
11/12 Brussels, BE @ Autumn Falls
11/14 Berlin, DE @ Heimathafen Neukolln
11/15 Hamburg, DE @ Uebel & Gefahrlich
11/16 Düsseldorf, DE @ New Fall Festival
11/17 Madrid, ES @ El Sol
11/18 Braga, PT @ Theatro Circo
11/19 Barcelona, ES @ La De Apolo
11/29 Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theatre
11/30 Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
12/01 Memphis, TN @ 1884 Lounge
12/02 St. Louis, MO @ Delmar Hall +
12/07 Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett +
12/08 Seattle, WA @ Neptune Theatre +
12/09 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre +
12/10 Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theater +
12/12 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore +
12/14 Los Angeles, CA @ Palace Theatre +
12/15 San Diego, CA @ The Irenic +
12/16 Phoenix, AZ @ The Crescent Ballroom +
12/18 Austin, TX @ Emo's +
12/19 Houston, TX @ The Heights Theater +
12/20 Dallas, TX @ The Kessler Theater +

* supporting Belle & Sebastian
# supporting Ben Folds
+ Half Waif supports

No comments:

Post a Comment