Saturday, March 26, 2016

“Kaleidoscope” by BROOKFIELD – A Song Review

     Songs that seamlessly blend almost contradictory qualities tend to have a staying power. If that holds true, “Kaleidoscope” will enjoy an extended stay on our main playlist. The song blends a gentle sensitivity with a forceful message. At the 2:52 mark of “Kaleidoscope,” a light and airy guitar is blended with a Rock-ready guitar sound.
     “Kaleidoscope” was released by Duncan Brookfield, who uses the performance name BROOKFIELD. He is a singer/songwriter based in London. The press material state that BROOKFIELD “has drawn comparisons from London Grammar to Tom Odell.” We would go with Dan Smith of Bastille, particularly for the voice inflections while turning the single syllable words “one” and “won” into two syllables.

     “Kaleidoscope” by BROOKFIELD

Website: http://www.iambrookfield.com/

Lyrics of “Kaleidoscope”
Have we become what we would hate to be?
Or have I just lost the vision of what you want to see?
It's hard to look beyond those fashioned lies
The world is a kaleidoscope and I'm not seeing right.

You're talking to me
But I don't hear a word
You're holding me
But I can't feel your hand upon my cheek
You're praying for me
But I've already burned
I'm lost in a dream
And I cannot return.

And I've started feeling helpless
This war cannot be won.
And I'm used to seeing colors
'Cause I thought you were the one.

And now I'm only restless
I've got a case of wanderlust
I just want to venture out into the darkness,
And see what I've become,
To see what I've become.

This life with you was not hte one I planned
But I keep going under, left in the sinking sand
The years go by but I’m not growing young
As I begin to gasp for air from this iron lung.

And I've started feeling helpless,
This war cannot be won.
And I'm used to seeing colors,
I thought you were the one.

And now I'm only restless,
I've got a case of wanderlust
I just want to venture out into the darkness,
And see what I've become
To see what I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment