Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Personal Post – Happy Birthday

     As you travel through life, the song lyrics you connect with change. A party song that was once your anthem may bring back good memories after circumstances have changed and your children and spouse have become the most important part of your life; but the song is certainly not your anthem any longer.
     The same is true for a relationship. Different songs speak to stages such as:
(a) the start of a romance in which being separated creates a longing, 
(b) the start of a marriage in which there are so many reasons to be hopeful, and 
(c) the start of a family in which there is an additional reason to share your lives.

     Today is the birthday of the person I love. Our relationship has passed through a number of stages and I have reached a point of certainty regarding where it will eventually reach. I am not sure she has ever heard the song “Naked as We Came.” It was released in 2006. Each year since its release, I have increasingly viewed the lyrics as voicing optimism in and dedication to a relationship.  This song speaks to me and speaks of my optimism and my dedication.
    Happy Birthday "K." 
    Your two favorite bloggers love you!

     "Naked as We Came" by Iron and Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment